Gain Confidence in Every Business Decision You Make
Advertiser Perceptions is the global leader in research-based business intelligence for the advertising, marketing, and ad technology industries. Our expert staff delivers an unbiased, research-based view of the advertising market with analysis and solutions tailored to your specific KPIs and business objectives. These insights provide you with the confidence to make the very best organizational, sales, and / or marketing decisions, driving greater revenue and increased client satisfaction.
We Help Clients Predict The Future
By leveraging our ongoing research and trend analysis – and combining the science of data-driven insights with expert guidance and direction – we help clients plan effectively for the future. We uncover up-to-the-minute media buyer perceptions, habits, and trends – analyze it, process it, and put it into words that are compatible with a client’s vocabulary. We then apply the results to an actionable plan that helps drive continuous revenue improvement and organizational efficiency.
“Advertiser Perceptions has offered us the ability to get some real feedback and insights through an impartial third party source. Direct one-to-one feedback is always valuable. But getting that kind of feedback is not always easy or practical or always objective. The Advertiser Perceptions reports give us actionable insights to act on to improve our customer service and to offer more value to our agency and client partners.”
Mel Berning, President, A&E Television Networks
Call Us When You Need Answers
The main goal of our research and reporting is to instill the confidence to make better decisions – driving greater revenue and improved client satisfaction. Our quantitative and qualitative research is designed to help solve your most pressing business problems by frequently delivering actionable insights and helping implement tangible recommendations from our respected roster of Ad Industry Experts.
The benefits to working with Advertiser Perceptions include:
Our Studies Reflect the Way Advertising is Actually Bought and Sold
- Conversations with agencies and marketers about the process of buying media inform the creation of our research strategies. Surveys mimic the ad buying/RFP process and in turn, the insights derived better inform our clients.
Our Research Focuses Only On The Buyers That Matter To Your Business
- We speak with exactly the buyers you want to hear from – providing insights with a greater level of nuance and detail.
Our Thorough Evaluations Pit Your Brand Against a True Competitive Set
- Monitoring the Duopoly/Triopoly is extremely important but not every brand directly competes with these brands for media dollars.
Serving the Industry’s Top Brands
We help advertising, marketing and ad technology clients differentiate their services and align their messaging in a crowded marketplace. Our ad industry experts interpret market perceptions of a brand and provide guidance to create a unique and compelling market position. We assist legacy media clients with adjusting their sales and marketing approach to remain competitive with emerging tech and data driven providers. And we work with ad tech companies to assess their services, uncover issues like advertiser usability, and measurement efficiencies.
A Customized Solution Just For You
Clients need context regarding what matters to customers and why – so they can deliver a solution that the advertiser ecosystem cares about. We provide an ongoing, seamless, partnership with clients driving an ongoing illumination of the marketplace. Our solutions are curated and customized for each constituency within a client’s organization – making certain that we’re providing information, insights, and analysis that addresses their specific needs.
“Trust allows relationships to compound. When you don’t have to re-evaluate people or worry about protecting yourself all the time, you go both further and faster with less anxiety and stress.” – Shane Parrish
Trust related issues are dominating ad industry headlines. We heard it first from consumers who wanted more control over their data and its use. But now the growing roar is coming from advertising brands themselves. Across our research for many clients on many topics, trust is one issue that has been popping to the top of Advertisers’ minds repeatedly. We took a closer look at this issue in a recent Advertiser Perceptions webinar [link].
If you’re a media seller, chances are good you’ve had these conversations with your clients: “What are you doing for fraud detection and prevention?” “Can we talk about my ad showing up where it shouldn’t?” How have you responded?
By distilling many hours of research and analysis, we’ve arrived at the top three things all media sellers need to understand – and practice…
- TRUST DRIVES MEDIA DECISIONS Advertisers and marketers are so serious about trusting their ad platforms that they’re pulling budget from those they don’t trust and creating new job titles for people within the company to monitor brand safety and fraud. Specifically, Proctor & Gamble slashed ad budgets by $750M, and stopped working with a lot of their agencies because of ad fraud in 2017. Chief Privacy Officer and Chief Brand Safety Officer are new titles with a clear action attached to them: Get this right.
What this means to media sellers
Trust is driving business decisions. Is your platform able to give strong answers to the three points of concern that marketers and advertisers have? If you can’t give strong answers, are you pushing for better protections for your clients in these areas?
- YOU CANNOT WAIT THIS OUT 81% of advertisers are either already evaluating ad investments against trust related attributes or will do so in the next 6 months. This wasn’t even a topic of conversation two years ago. Remember when we kept thinking the Year of Mobile would be next year? The Year of Mobile happened while we were wondering when it would show up. The same is true on this issue of trust for media companies and their clients.
What this means to media sellers
The Trust Era is now. You cannot wait until next year, or even next quarter, to address this with your clients. To offer robust, powerful responses to your clients’ questions, you need to be taking internal action yesterday.
- YOU OWN IT Advertisers are expecting you (media sellers) to bear the most responsibility for ensuring consumer privacy is reasonably protected. This is a fascinating razor’s edge to think through. On one hand, being able to serve up highly personalized targeting might be your differentiator. On the other, it might be the reason marketers and advertisers worry about working with you. But if you can put consumer protections in place, you get your key differentiator back.
What this means to media sellers
We thought this might be a shared responsibility between advertisers/marketers, government, governing bodies like the IAB, and media companies. Nope. If you own the tech that collects, sorts and shares the data, you own the responsibility to ensure it meets consumer privacy standards.
We began tracking marketer and advertiser trust in 2018 and are committed to updating our Trust Index annually. We’re also interested in adding your experience to our research. What are you hearing from clients on this topic?
Contact Us For A No-Obligation Consultation
We invite you to contact us to see how we can help you evaluate the status and health of your brand. Or for more information about our reports and services, please contact us at 212-626-6683 or [email protected]